The Starbelly Dancers, the premier performing group of Starbelly School of Dance, participates and creates numerous fundraising events through-out the year, including their Annual Big Bad-Ass Belly Dance Show, silent auction & workshops. All profits raised through these efforts are put into two funds, 1) A scholarship fund, and 2) a fund for temporary financial aid. We do this so we can better serve the community in helping provide dance opportunities to everyone who wants it, regardless of ability to pay.
- Only partial scholarships -25% to 50% of class fees available
- Funds are limited. There are only funds for one or two students a session.
- Application does not guarantee availability of funds
- Only students who have previously completed at least one full session at the school are eligible
- Decisions will be based two factors 1) Merit-students commitment to dance and the school 2) financial need
- 80% attendance is required .Scholarships are for committed students only. If student fails to have good attendance, do the assignments, work hard in class, and have a great attitude, scholarship may be revoked
- Scholarship funds must be used for and within the session applied and awarded.
- Financial aid is limited to three session a year per qualified student
- Student must apply EACH session they are requesting a Scholarship for.
- Students names awarded scholarships may listed on Starbelly School of Dance website, newsletters, and Facebook page
- * We will happily accept donations for these two funds.